Featured Sassy Friend #5. . .Susan King

It's Monday and week #5 in the Featured Sassy Friends post.  Are you enjoying this as much as I am.  It's such fun to bring these fabulous ladies to your attention.  I just love it!
This week, I have the pleasure of introducing you to another fabulous Sassy Friend.

Please welcome Susan King!
I first became aware of Susan's cards back in September when she wrote asking about using my images on cards that she wanted to sell on Etsy.  Susan is different from the other Sassy Friends that I have featured, as she uses the Sassy Cheryl's colored images to create her cards. And they are GORGEOUS!  Not because of my image, but because of her amazing ability to take that image and create these wonderfully whimsical, beautiful and oh, so fun cards!  She's super creative.
She has a lot of amazing cards, but these are two of my favorites.

The first card shown is one that Susan made using the Dancing Snowmen colored image.  Isn't it just lovely.  It's beautifully done and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!
The second card shown, is one that Susan introduced recently and I thought that it was terribly clever.  She used the Snowman Parts colored image on the front and then used the Some Assembly Required colored image for the inside.  (2nd photo)  I would have never thought to use these two images in this way.  I guess that's why I just draw and don't make cards.  ☺


NOW. . . .
let me show you what Susan created this week for her Featured Sassy Friend spot.
She used the Load of Cake colored image to make this incredibly festive and fun card.  But I'll let her tell you about it.
Susan says:
     "I am so happy to be the Featured Sassy Friend at Sassy Cheryl's Designs blog this week.  I just love Cheryl's images.  They are such fun and certainly make you smile.
     I have always been involved with crafts.  It just seems to run in my family.  I started scrapbooking about 11 years ago and when my daughter became involved with rubber stamping, I just couldn't resist playing with them as well.  Mostly making cards for family and friends.  I recently found Sassy Cheryl's website with her precolored images and again, I just couldn't resist.  They were just too much fun. 
     For my card, I have chosen the precolored image, Load of Cake.  I hope she doesn't fall over!  What a mess that would make!  My plans are to use this as my sister's birthday card this year.  It would be perfect.  
     In making the card, I used papers from 'Stampin Up', which makes the image pop.  I added glitter and some crystal effects for a glossy icing as well as using some on the candles.  And oh, those purple shoes.  Had to add some to those too!  I just love those purple shoes, so I added these purple flowers with the pearls as embellishments."

Susan has a wonderful Etsy shop that she started in September of this year called , Unique Greetings by Susan K.  She has some beautiful cards in her shop and some amazing Christmas tags!  All very professionally done.
In addition to her new Etsy shop, Susan has recently started blogging. She says both are works in progress but are coming along nicely.  I think they are both wonderful!  And you should really pop over to both and check them out.  So, go on. . .visit them both, but before you go, don't forget to leave Susan some nice comments!  I know that she will appreciate it and so will I!

Be sure to check back next Monday for another talented Sassy Friend!  If you'd like to be featured as a Sassy Friend, just drop me an email.  I'd love to have you!

And don't forget to take advantage of the 
 And be sure to join in on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge as well as the SHOW ME and COLOR ME fun!  All worth the click!

Comments

  1. Way to go Susan...your cards are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susan. Your cards really do POP. They just say "HAPPY" to me. Heading to your blog and ETSY now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards and the snowman card is very clever. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Susan!! FUN FUN cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Susan....off to check out your blog and etsy....I LOVE your idea to use colored images...hmmmm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Sue and I love your store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations, Susan, your cards are simply beautiful!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sassy friend...Fabulous cards! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue is my grandma and she's been crafty ever since I can remember. She got my sister and I scrapbooking Creative Memories when I was 8 years old and I'll admit my first book was a little rocky, but in the past 11 years I have greatly improved with the help of her and my mom. I'm so proud of her and way to go!!! Keep on grandma and I expect a fabulous card for Christmas again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Susan!! I just love your creative style, beautiful cards!!
    Hugs
    Jodi=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holly and Keith DeRoseNovember 30, 2010 at 8:33 AM

    Very nice Aunt Sue!!! How do you find the time to do this and make doggie outfits?? You're one busy lady!! Keith says "hello" and Merry Christmas. We will be going to Mom and Pops for Christmas again this year. Maybe we'll see you there. Love, Keith and Holly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment at Sassy Cheryl's. We appreciate your amazing comments.

Popular Posts