Featured Designer #1-Kecia Hicks Waters

Every Monday, Sassy Cheryl's will feature an amazing crafter or card designer.  I am so thrilled about this.  For a very long time now, I have wanted to find a way to feature these wonderful designers and their creations other than just using them as examples for ideas under the digi stamp section.  And then it hit me.  Feature them on your blog, Cheryl! DUH!  

I am pleased to have Kecia Hicks Waters, (aka Buckeye finatic) as my first featured designer in this ongoing weekly feature.  The first card that I ever saw that Kecia had created using a Sassy Cheryl's image was her "Thank You! " card using the Marker Artist  image in the 15th Sassy Cheryl's challenge, back in June.   She does some amazing coloring and cards and each one is incredible.   Don't you agree!

Please welcome, Kecia Hicks Waters!!


I am so delighted to have been selected as Sassy Cheryl's first Featured Card Designer!  This is a huge honor for me because I am such a huge fan of Cheryl's illustrations.  To me, her illustrations convey such childlike emotions and movement.  They immediately put a smile on my face, so they are  "go to" images for me when I need to bring a smile to a card recipient's face.
I started stamping in the latter part of 2002. I walked into a local stamp store innocently looking for a cactus image to stamp on the envelopes of my store-bought Christmas cards. Little did I know that my desire to celebrate my beloved Buckeyes trip to the Fiesta Bowl would result in yet another passion.  Through the years, I have developed an affinity for coloring large, open space whimsical images, like Sassy Cheryl's, with alcohol markers and color pencils.  
I just got married in July and I am so happy (and relieved) that my husband encourages my card designing obsession.  We often will spend our time together in my stamp room, with him surfing the web and with me coloring away.  When I am not stamping, I am busy cheering my Ohio State Buckeyes onto victory in football, playing with my adorable dachshund, Sloopy, or teaching Kindergarten.  It all keeps me busy, but I love every minute of it. 

Kecia's Thank You! card
(Marker Artist-image)
Another of my favorites!!!!!!
Kecia's Go Buckeyes! card
(Dancing Debbie-image)

Kecia chose to use The Sassy Artist Digi stamp in this wonderfully creative project.   
Don't you just love it!!!
After you Ooo and Aah over her photos, keep scrolling and Kecia will tell you ALL about it! 



 To make this artist's palette shaped card, I drew the palette image onto a folded sheet of white cardstock, making sure the top of the palette was up against the paper fold.  I then proceeded to cut the palette image out.  I traced my palette onto a second sheet of Georgia Pacific cardstock and cut the image out again.  I drew a small oval on the palette and cut this oval from the palette.  I colored the palette with Copic markers, attempting to make it appear as a wooden palette.  From there, I dabbed some various colors of acrylic paint onto the palette.  When dry, I affixed the paintbrushes with a gold ribbon to the palette, and also placed the darling image from Sassy Cheryl's called, "The Sassy Artist"onto the palette.  I colored this image with Copic markers.

Now, why don't you go make one too! I'm sure yours will be amazing too!

To see more of Kecia's work and read more about her, just hop on over to her blog-Stamping Deets, and leave her some 'kudo's' over there too! It's worth the click!!!

Want to know who the next guest designer will be, well, you'll just have to come back next Monday.  Now won't you!!  See you then!

If you'd like to be a featured designer too, just drop me an email and we'll get you all set up!  

Comments

  1. Adorable projects!! Love your new feature, Cheryl. Guest designer spots are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Kecia! Congrats! Of course I LOVE the GO BUCKS card!! all your cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Kecia! Big congrats on being chosen as the first Featured Designer. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kecia on being the first guest designer! I am drawn to your palette shaped card, having done a lot of tole painting...
    great colors and very creative design! love it!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kecia, and congratulations, I love all your cards but the paint palett is such a fun creation.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kecia!!! what a worthy artist for Cheryl's 1st featured spot. I love your creative card and your colouring is wonderful! I'm off to check more from your blog!
    This is such a great spotlight Cheryl.......so good to see your faithful here in the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work Kecia! Congratulations on being the very first in the designer spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What incredible work!!! I love your coloring and this palette is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment at Sassy Cheryl's. We appreciate your amazing comments.

Popular Posts