New. . .Bargain Bins

Bargain Bins for both Digi's and Colored images have now been added to the site over at Sassy Cheryl's.  The images located in these categories reflects their current sales.  There are 92 images in the Bargain Digi section and 104 images in the Bargain Colored image section.  So be sure to check those new sections for some great bargains.
Here are just a couple:
Balloon Bears

Paint the Town

There will also be a change this week at Sassy Cheryl's beginning Tuesday, October 19.  The Colored images will increase from $3 to $4.  The increase in price, is due to the fact that the colored images are a lot more time consuming to complete.  On average, a single image takes between 2-3 hours to color, depending on their size and complexity.  Digi stamps, however, will remain at the $3 price.  


Now. . .I want to touch a moment on a couple of things because I have received several emails since the change in the Commercial License policies.  

When I started my online business back in 2001 I drew for the sheer fun of it.  At that time, I didn't even consider having terms or a commercial license.  I just assumed that customers were using the graphics to 'decorate' their websites.  Which more often than not, was certainly the case.  It wasn't until I became friends with several other online graphic artists that I was made aware of the fact that people were in fact using my images for creating and selling products.  That is when I introduced a set of terms and at that time, a very simple commercial license.  

Well, things have changed since then and it has become increasingly more difficult for artists to protect their artwork.  The Commercial Licenses at Sassy Cheryl's are there to protect myself as well as my artwork.  They aren't meant as a way to punish or hurt the small business person.  It has never been my intention or ever will be to insult or offend any of my customers by changing my policies to protect my artwork.  I understand that some who purchase my illustrations are making and selling them to family, friends, neighbors, etc., and I certainly feel honored by that, and do not have a problem with that.  

I think that when I changed the policy to include sites such as Etsy, Artfire, Shop-Homemade, etc., that most people began to write, with concerns. At first, I didn't have any objections to people selling on these sites, mostly because the customer wrote and politely asked. And I did give them permission.  It wasn't until we started doing routine searches for Sassy Cheryl's images that we began to find that there were many others selling on these sites, not writing for permission and not giving proper copyright credit information to Sassy Cheryl's for the images on their products.  That is when I began to question whether I had made a mistake.  It wasn't the fact that they were selling, it was their blatant disregard for not including the Sassy Cheryl's copyright information.  That is where I had the problem.  So, after much consideration and advice from my attorney, I decided to include these types of shops in the Conditions of use policy and require the purchase of a Commercial license.  These new types of sites are becoming more and more common and people are opening these kinds of shops because of the ease of doing so instead of having and maintaining a website.   Please understand, it isn't my intention to hinder those who are following the terms, but something had to be done to keep this from continuing to happen. I truly hope that you understand.

**All customers who previously had received permission for use on these sites are still allowed to use them in this manner.**

For those who have written showing your support. . .I thank you.  It means a lot to me!

Comments

  1. Hi Cheryl, I am sorry, I am confused again. Does this latest decision include everyone as well as those of us who received permission from you? I recently received confirmation from you via e-mail but was wondering if that has changed as of this latest posting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Customers who previously received permission are still allowed to use the images for their products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment at Sassy Cheryl's. We appreciate your amazing comments.

Popular Posts