Show Me. . . .#103

Well, we are officially in to the last month of the year and Christmas is quickly approaching!  You've heard that. . . right?!
Do you have all of your Christmas shopping done?  House and tree all decorated?  Christmas cards sent out?  Well, if you do. . . .you're ahead of me, that's for sure. But I'm doing pretty well.  Only have a few more Christmas cards to send out.  So I'm happy about that.
Before you know it, it will be the year 2013!  Almost seems like something from a science fiction novel, doesn't it.  :)  At least it does to me.

Well, enough of that.  Let's get to the fun stuff.  Lots of fabulous entries last week!  Each one fun and creative in their own way.  Loved them all!  Thanks for playing along.  So, who was the lucky winner of the FREE image from the Sassy Cheryl's Digis shop?  That was. . . . .
Ann!
Did you all see her beautiful cards?  I couldn't believe she actually thought her cards were simple!  W-h-a-t?!?!?!?!?!?!  NOT! Check them out.

CONGRATULATIONS Ann!!! I'll get that Free image credited to your account.

So. . . . .what have I been doing?  Well, I haven't done much coloring and sketching, except for some special projects, so I don't have much to show you in the 'art' department, so I thought I'd show you some new photos of my apartment.  I FINALLY got a sofa last Saturday.  I was THRILLED!  Now, Bella, Bandit and I can all sit in one place in the living room and not be so crowded!  So, are you ready for 'part' of the tour?

Photo #1:  This is two views of my living room.  The one on the left is looking back towards the kitchen from my Office/Studio door.  The yellow chest was a FAB find at a local consignment shop and is PERFECT for storage.  You know. . .I like things to look nice, but they have to be functional as well.  The quilt that you see above (in both photos) was one that I made years ago when I was in what I used to call my 'country/domestic' phase.  LOL  I thought it would be perfect for art, since I'm working on a budget.
The photo on the right shows another view from the kitchen looking back towards my office.
I love clean and simple.  Yep, that's me.

Photo #2:  The photo to the left is of a washstand that my dad made for me (he made one for my sister as well), years ago.  The 'top' part isn't on it, but I thought it was perfect as an accent table for the lamp that I purchased. . . .and check out that fun bicycle clock.  I got that at Home Goods a couple of weeks ago.  Needed something for in the living room and didn't want to hang one on the wall.  Besides, I couldn't find one that I liked.  LOL
The picture to the right is another view of the Living Room, but more to the left.  The Red shelving that I'm using as a entertainment center was also purchased at the same consignment shop.  Blythe's husband, Chris drilled a hole for me to run my cords through for my DVD player, iPod/radio/clock and the cable wires.  Had to hide those little boogers as that really does drive me nuts!
The quilt squares that you see framed above the entertainment center, are from a quilt that my grandmother Reba made.  It was falling apart and wasn't able to be used, so I framed five of them in t-shirt boxes that I purchased from Micheals for $5 each.  There are also two to the left and right of the yellow hutch if you look in photo #1.


Photo #3:  And finally we come to my office/studio.  Of course, this is where I spend most of my time, so I wanted it to be clean, neat, simple and functional.  I separated my workspace from my computer space and purchased a chair, also from Home Goods for the computer desk.  It works out quite nicely.
Had to have matching rugs and pillows for the chairs though.  That would have drove me nuts!
It gets great sunlight and is on the far end of the apartment, so it's nice to be able to shut the door when I'm done in there for the day.. . . 

Whatcha think?  Hope I didn't bore you too much.  I've taken some photos of it decorated for Christmas and will share those another time.  

So. . . .  what do you have going on this week?  We'd love to see.  Grab those cameras and get busy, because we want to see.  You'll have until 5 PM EST, December 12th., to link up your photo or blog to be entered in the random drawing for the FREE image. . . . It's fun being nosey.  It's just in our nature.  So come join in the fun!

What are you waiting for. . . . ??????
GET BUSY!!!!

Comments

  1. Congrats Ann! Got your account credited this morning. . . .!
    Can't wait to see what everyone is going to share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous apartment - that yellow chest was an amazing find - it looks fabulous. It must be great for you to have a lovely comfy sofa to chill out on.
    Love that text artwork on your wall - I am always on the look out for things like that.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing your place Cheryl! What a fun SMT...I will try to post one later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    I loved seeing the photos of your new apartment! I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing - I hope all is well. Your style is lovely and the personal touches are beautiful! The office area is great! I look forward to seeing more photos. Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, boy! I won :-) Thank you so very much! I love your new home-what a fabulous job you've done! Looks comfy and, naturally, neat and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look like you're still a "Little Bit Country". Your new home looks very inviting. Can't wait to see the Christmas decorations. Thanks for letting us have a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on last week's win, Ann! Happy Shopping.

    Your apt. is really coming along, Cheryl. Thanks for sharing a view of the progress with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment at Sassy Cheryl's. We appreciate your amazing comments.

Popular Posts